Tomorrow - Roswell

Well, it's been a very strange week - and that's putting it lightly!
I'll warn you ahead, I'm making light 
of this entire situation,
because honestly,
it's just too ludicrous to take seriously!

From Martin's Cove I headed to my cousin's house.
I arrived on the morning of the 18th to a cousin who was crying and obviously in some type of crisis. She told me her house was too dirty for me to stay there and she had booked a hotel for us for the night.

From that point forward, the visit spiraled downward -  this night finished at 2 am with 3 FBI agents in our room. 
It was a scam - you'll never make me believe otherwise - 
by my dead cousin Paula's drug-addicted daughter.
There's not much lower
than someone trying to scam their own relatives!  

It started with a call from the woman, 
then a video call,
sitting between two gun-toting dudes in ninja outfits,
acting like she was crying,
telling us they were the "Mexican Mafia" and if my cousin
didn't deposit $10,000 by morning
they were going to kill her.
At this point, my body language looked something like this:


Ooooookay, let's back up...


Right before my cousin, Paula, died,
she told her daughters she had left them $10,000 in an account
for them to have after she passed away.

Then, interestingly, 
my cousin Paula dropped dead of a "heart attack" soon after.

Then even MORE interestingly,
what I learned this week was that Paula's daughter
had called my cousin crying and screaming
(before calling 911)
that she had given her mother "something for pain" 
and thought "maybe" she'd given her the wrong pill
and given her fentanyl instead!


WHAT!!!

Paula's husband said just a few days after Paula died,
Her daughter was asking for "the money her mom left her."

I can't say what I think.
I'll leave it to the reader to form their own conclusions.

At any rate, this drama got blown up into unbelievable portions,
and ended with me going out to sleep in my van
to get away from my cousin, 
who was calling everyone she knew at 2 am
and telling them her version of what happened. 

I left the next day - 

Today I heard from my OTHER cousin
saying she got a message saying:
"Carolyn, she is safe! The Mexican government just called the FBI, and she escaped and they have her!!!! Praise God!!!"


Um, you don't "escape" from the Cartel.
What a joke!
Well, the FBI does know she's been going to Tijuana
with her 12 year old son (!!!)
and bringing fentanyl back in!
That alone should get her some prison time, hopefully!

I'm just blown away by this whole thing.
It was like walking into a soap opera!

At any rate, I got the heck out of there as soon as I could,
and headed on to my son Rob's house!
We had a really nice visit.
He has a cute little 2 bedroom house,
and his father, who also lives there,
was in Hawaii so I took his room.
It was so nice to see his face and give him a big hug!
I love that Doobies!

I was there for 3 nights, watching the weather closely.
With the storm ready to hit Florida, 
I didn't want to get caught up in the rain.
I saw a break in the weather yesterday and 
packed up and left yesterday morning.
Lucky I did!
Today he said is POURING rain!

I had a heck of a time finding someplace to sleep last night.
I ended up on the other side of Memphis and probably drove more than 8 hours because everybody told me Memphis is not safe for car camping anywhere - the Love's, the rest stops, even Crackerbarrel!
So I didn't get a lot of sleep. 
I finally found a Love's that seemed safe, and got a few hours.

Today I drove another long day 
and tonight I'm in Clinton, Oklahoma. 
A nice lady on one of my Facebook groups
told me about her RV park here
and gave me a spot for only $15.
Shower and Laundry too!


I'm heading to Roswell tomorrow to see
the UFO Museum.
I have booked a hotel for that night.

Then my plan is to travel up to Albuquerque, 
hopefully go through Arches National Park,
then on to Oregon.

I'm hoping to slow down now 
and not drive so many hours,
though I have to say I'm anxious to get home
to my own bed.

I realized this trip that I am not 32 anymore.
I am 72.
I think this was my last long cross country drive!
From now on, I'm sticking closer to the West side of the country.

There's NO place like home!
::clicking her ruby slippers!:::

Love,
Annie





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Once Annie has read it, it will be posted.

Tomorrow - Roswell

Well, it's been a very strange week - and that's putting it lightly! I'll warn you ahead, I'm making light  of this entire s...