Tijeres Elks Campground

 


GPS took me over the river and through the woods, but I finally arrived at Tejeris at the Elks campground. It’s a really sweet place with plenty of shade and bathrooms. No showers, but there is water and electric hook up, although I don’t really need that today.  

I hope to see lots of stars tonight as I’ve been informed there are absolutely no lights here at night.  It should be spectacular!

Tomorrow, I’ve decided to start by visiting El Morro National Monument. Is a short 2 1/2 hour drive and if I can get a camping space, I will spend the night there.

I learned today that if I arrive at Arches National Park before 7 AM I can go in and that’s just perfect for me because I’m usually awake by 4 or 5 am in the morning these days. I’m hoping to get a campground very close and just get there at dawn. 

Tonight for dinner I’m enjoying my cold steak and baked potato from last night because I could only eat half last night. It’s actually really good. 

I took some time to put all my new stickers up on the back of my kitchen wall.  It’s starting to look pretty cool!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Once Annie has read it, it will be posted.

Tijeres Elks Campground

  GPS took me over the river and through the woods, but I finally arrived at Tejeris at the Elks campground. It’s a really sweet place with ...