Celilo Park

 



My son came home early from Salt Lake City and so I left a day early for my trip. I want to see Mary Hill Museum tomorrow so I’m camped tonight at Celilo Park, a beautiful spot right on the river. The sun is shining, but the wind is blowing like crazy.  I think that is pretty normal here. 

I stopped near Bridge of the Gods for a hamburger because I was hungry and didn’t want to cook. It was probably the worst burger I’ve ever had in my life. I ordered onion rings instead of fries, hoping they’d be a little more healthy, and I think they were from yesterday. Cold and greasy.  I will tell you the name of the place, but I’ve already forgotten it.  


I drove on old Highway 30 for a while. I couldn’t get near Multnomah Falls, but I managed to see Horsetail Falls, which was beautiful.

Tomorrow morning, I will see Maryhill Museum, and then I head to Pendleton. Since the day was so short today, I may go further. We’ll just see how I feel. Right now, I’m just trying to ground myself and get used to not being in the city  🏙️ And I’m hoping to cut back on social media except for posting my blog so my family knows where I am

More tomorrow,

Love, Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Once Annie has read it, it will be posted.

September 17 - Martins Cove

 I had a restful night at Martin’s Cove. Next morning, I went to see the exhibits. There weren’t very many people there.  The missionaries, ...