Feeling Exhausted


















I woke up at 3am and couldn’t go back to sleep so I finally started the car and drove away. I was headed toward South Pass City  

By the time I had driven for an hour, I was feeling sleepy so I pulled into a rest. Stop and slept for an hour.

On my way, I just happened to pass a sign for Fossil Butte National Monument. I actually drove past the turn off, thought about it and turned around. It was only 2 1/2 miles into the visitor center, so I took a chance and they were open  What a great place to visit! The Ranger there was just chock full of information. They had so many fossils on display, and I was shocked to find out that that whole area had been a The Ranger there was just chock full of information. They had so many fossils on display and I was shocked to find out that that whole area had been a gigantic colossal monster lake Long before humans set foot here.

 ( I realize that this is making a lot of mistakes with spelling and punctuation because I’m talking to my phone and my phone is just stupid. I will correct all this and once I get home.)

I spent about an hour and a half here and then I headed it on up the road  I have to say I am “over” Wyoming  I don’t know who would want to live here. I felt like I drove for three weeks and didn’t see a soul   Luckily, I did pass a gas station and had the presence of mine to fill up, even though I still had half a tank because I didn’t see another gas station the rest of the day  

Turn off to Southpass city was on a gravel road that was like a washboard  I was really concerned about my van  I finally made it there and paid the eight dollar fee  It’s basically a mining that has been abandoned and they fixed up the buildings  You can’t actually walk into the buildings  You walk into a viewing area and there is glass, unfortunately, dirty glass, and you look through to see what the buildings would’ve looked like when people occupied them  It could be a really cool place but I think they need the money to fix it up  

ACK!  My photos all loaded at the top of the page. I’m sorry I will fix this when I get home hello.

I was exhausted and ready to quit for the day, but there was no place to camp  I still had two hours to get to and I decided to go for it  just as I turned the last corner to go to Martin’s Cove, there was a big four car accident that kind of shook me up

I had dinner and settled in  I’ll get a good nights sleep tonight. See how I feel tomorrow.  I’m actually feeling like I bit off more than I can chew. I think I forgot I was 72 and maybe I thought I was 32 again. All this driving is making me tired and I’ll tell you I’ve seen more of Wyoming than I ever want to see. I’m thinking about changing my trip and just bee-lining down to Georgia to Rob‘s house  

More later

Happy trails!

Love, Annie


1 comment:

  1. What a journey! You just stay safe and get home - you and your van as good as when you left. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. Once Annie has read it, it will be posted.

September 17 - Martins Cove

 I had a restful night at Martin’s Cove. Next morning, I went to see the exhibits. There weren’t very many people there.  The missionaries, ...