September 12 Update


Last night I camped at Celilo Campground near  Goldendale, Washington. You can stay here seven days if you want. It felt safe and the park itself was beautiful, but very, very windy. My  night was restless because literally 20 feet away were train tracks and I would say a train ran through and blew its whistle hard and long every two hours all night long.  They were a lot of fisherman camped here and a couple of homeless-looking people. The regular bathrooms were not open, but there were pit toilets down to the end of the park, but it was not a place where you could park your car near.  The toilets were clean, just not convenient.  I did not see any water faucets.  For overnight stay I would do it again, but be sure to put in earplugs because it was noisy

I have decided to skip going to Maryhill because they don’t open until 10 AM and I don’t feel like hanging out for three hours. I’m going to get on the road. Mary Hill is close enough to home that I can come back next spring and see it.  I am scheduled to go to Pendleton tonight, but that’s not very far so I may try to make Boise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Once Annie has read it, it will be posted.

September 17 - Martins Cove

 I had a restful night at Martin’s Cove. Next morning, I went to see the exhibits. There weren’t very many people there.  The missionaries, ...