Arches to Salt Lake City


It was about a 4 hour drive to Salt Lake City and by the time I got there, I was so tired, I called my son Cameron and asked if he could book me a hotel for the night. Driving in Salt Lake is very stressful - the traffic is CRAZY, their street names do NOT make sense, and I needed some rest.

Cam got me a nice hotel room (with a kitchen!) in the Hyatt, and I slept like a baby until 3 am, when I got up, got dressed, and got the heck out of there! I wanted to get out of SLC before the morning traffic. 

I drove about an hour to get out of the crazy city, then pulled into a Love's Travel Stop and slept another hour and a half.  Then I got up and headed to Bend. I drove for over 10 hours! I slept at the Elks Club that night, got up early and was home by 7 am!

Honestly, there is NO place like home! I am SO happy to be back home sleeping in my own bed, having my own bathroom. First thing I did was take a long, hot bath. Then I simply rested for the day. Next day I unpacked, did laundry, and rested some more. 

I've decided that was my last long haul in the van. I'm going to enjoy some short camping trips next spring/summer - but no more cross-country. 

By the way - can't recall if I wrote this already - but if I had NOT taken the segway to Missouri to visit my cousins there, I would have been right in the middle of the hurricane on the Blue Ridge Parkway where the roads washed out. So even though it was a crazy and stressful time, I'm grateful to God and the Universe for (once again) possibly saving my life. 

Happy Trails!
Love,
Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Once Annie has read it, it will be posted.

Arches to Salt Lake City

It was about a 4 hour drive to Salt Lake City and by the time I got there, I was so tired, I called my son Cameron and asked if he could boo...