Baker City, Oregon







 I visited the Baker city Oregon Trail Interpretive Center today. It was really interesting . I had my America the Beautiful pass and so I got in free.  I spent about two hours there and enjoyed myself very much.  They have walking trails so if you get there early, you can walk.  Unfortunately, I didn’t arrive until 2:30 PM.  

The center is about 5 miles out of Baker city but it’s an easy and pretty drive.  If you’d like to camp nearby there there’s a place right across the road where it’s legal to park and camp.  I’m being a little more cautious this trip and so I am sleeping at Loves in Baker City. I also need a shower in the morning and they are $18 here which seems high but I need it  The lady that works here was very nice and pointed me across the street for groceries.  The same bag of chips that was seven dollars and change at Loves was $2.99 across the street.

I tried my new Travelisimo to heat my breakfast this morning. You put food in it and then plug it into your Cigarette lighter and it heats it while you drive. Worked great! The freeze dried eggs were “OK“ but they were a little spongy.  The flavor was good, however, and it will be interesting to try the other meals that I prepared.  I finally found blocks of ice for my cooler so I bought milk and yogurt so I can also have cereal in the mornings.

Tomorrow, I head toward Boise.  I have reservations at the Elks club there, but I’m a day early so we’ll see if they’ll let me stay.  It is not a very long drive so I may choose to go further. Maybe they’ll let me stay three nights at Martin’s Cove  

That’s all for now.  Going to eat my bologna sandwich and read the new book that I picked up  

Happy trails!  

Love, Annie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Once Annie has read it, it will be posted.

September 17 - Martins Cove

 I had a restful night at Martin’s Cove. Next morning, I went to see the exhibits. There weren’t very many people there.  The missionaries, ...