On to Tijeres, New Mexico


I had a great time in Roswell. 

I spent a couple of hours at the UFO Museum. It was kooky but interesting. They really did a great job of pulling all the information on UFO's and abductions together. They had tons of photos and videos, as well as a very interesting lecture by a gentleman who lived here during the Roswell event and knew many of the players.  I'm glad I came.










I did some shopping, then found my little motel. I am staying at the Roswell Motel. It was less expensive and less fancy but VERY clean. I love that my car is parked right outside my room. 

For dinner, I REALLY was craving a steak. I asked the receptionist and she directed me to a "local" place called Cattle Baron Steak and Seafood.  I drove there and walked in. It was nice, but more like a sports bar and the music was SO LOUD!  I really needed more peace and quiet. 

I drove back toward the entrance of the town and found the Texas Roudhouse.  It was a good decision. Still noisy, but not AS noisy, the place was packed (good sign!) and the food was delicious! I ended up carrying more than half of it out with me!

I slept good. Now it's time for a shower, then I'm driving to Tijeres, New Mexico, where the Elks has a campground for $20. The elevation is high, nearly 8000 ft, so it should be a lot cooler.  

From there I plan on camping at El Morro National Monument, then heading up to see Arches National Park.  Arches has begun a thing where you have to pay for a "timed entrance" and sadly, they are all sold out - but I learned this morning that you CAN enter after 4 pm. So that will be my plan. 

I probably won't have internet until I get up toward Moab.  After Arches I'm thinking my stops will be Salt Lake City, Boise, Bend, then home. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Once Annie has read it, it will be posted.

Tijeres Elks Campground

  GPS took me over the river and through the woods, but I finally arrived at Tejeris at the Elks campground. It’s a really sweet place with ...