Stocking the Pantry for my Trip

 

Heading East on Route 66


Then back home

I started stocking the pantry for my trip today. 

I'm taking a lot of dehydrated and freeze dried food this time,
hoping to save a bit of cash on the nights I'll be camping.

I ordered a few items from Auguson;
Chicken Fettucini, Creamy Chicken Rice, and Broccoli.  





I am taking other food I freeze dried this year: 
roast beef, chicken, eggs.

I'm taking canned chicken and coconut milk to make curry 
and canned corned beef to eat with eggs. 
I cooked about 2 pounds of bacon today. 
I roll it up and put it in a tea canister and it keeps forever.  
I can pick up tomatoes and lettuce for BLTs and salad.  
Grabbed a few cans of tuna.
I'm also taking beef jerky, quest brownie bars, and snack olives. 

I'm taking my small ice chest with 3 pounds of linguica 
(to take to my son) 
and some boiled eggs for egg salad. 
I can keep some Tillamook cheese sticks in there,
 some yogurt, and a cold drink or two.

I'm only taking 4 gallons of water on this trip 
as there will be plenty of places to fill my jugs. 

Just a few things to add and I'll have all the food packed. 

I packed up the inside of the van except for my clothes, 
which I will put in on Wednesday. 

I got my Elk's membership card today 
so I can stay at the Elk's Lodges when they're available. 
(Thanks Karylee)

I'm taking this great lightwood TOGO 100 Watt solar panel to charge my Jackery, my phone, my shower, and my laptop:

I've made reservations all along the way, 
and I'm getting pretty excited!
It's been a while since I took a van trip -
this will be the first one since my mom passed away.
My first stop will be to take some of her ashes
to put on her parents' graves,
and then to visit the gravesite in Cayucos
where her husband and son are buried, 
and where I put the remainder of her ashes
under a new headstone. 
I hope she is happy with it.

And then I head down the coast to Santa Monica
to take my photo at the end of Route 66,
and I'll be on my way East.

I hope you will follow me!
See you on the Road!
Love,
Annie

2 comments:

  1. This is going to be an amazing trip and I can’t wait to see what adventures you share . I only wish we were going with you! Hope your stay at our place will be a nice start to the amazing adventure.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. Once Annie has read it, it will be posted.

Day 19 Lava Hot Springs, Idaho

A beautiful sunrise this morning. After a wild night, I hit the road about 4 am. It was still sprinkling lightly but nothing compared to the...