Life is So Funny!

 

View from my van tonight at Gallop Elks

I had a very restful night at the Elks Club in Winslow, Arizona.  There was a nice big RV camped to the west of me that gave me blessed shade.

I stopped by a Safeway to pick up some cabbage and some garbage bags, then filled up with gas and headed out to a campground suggested by a local. But my weird off-luck is holding and they were FULL!  And on the way back to the highway, I got a notice that my credit card had been hacked.  :::maniacal laughter:::

Luckily, I think that was a mistake and so I headed up the road to Holbrook, where I thought I might stay at the Wigwam Motel. But they didn't open until 3 pm and I'm not willing to wait to see if they have space. So I took a few photos and drove to Painted Desert where I have camped before. 




The campground at Painted Forest was busy. LOTS of people are out and about for the weekend. 

A beautiful sample of petrified wood!

 I cooked up some cabbage and onions for breakfast. Man, that was good! Then I spoke with my cousin Vonda and asked her if there'd be a problem if I showed up early. I'm about a week ahead of schedule now. 

I thought I'd camp here for a day or two, but it's hot and dusty and so...

I thought I might go to the Albuquerque Temple, so I called to see if they had a hospitality center with a shower. The woman who answered was very nice. I told her my name was Deborah Carvalho and I was traveling in my van, and after a minute she said, "Is this Annie?"

Whoah!  I said yes, and come to find out she is one of the people on my Facebook Camino page and we've been chatting about planning her camino!  What a small world!  That was pretty funny!  Anyway, as my luck goes, the Temple is closed tomorrow. I COULD drive there today.  I thought I'd try, but my GPS took me on a wild goose chase and by the time I reached Gallup, I knew I wouldn't make it to Albuquerque in time.

So, I'm camped tonight at the Gallup Elks Lodge and let me tell you, it's a wonderful place!  The view out my van door is gorgeous. It's quiet. There is electricity, though I don't need it. And SHOWERS!

Tomorrow my plan is to go to Albuquerque, but the way things are going, who knows?

So far, all the plans I made for this trip have been for naught...  I sometimes wonder if the Universe isn't telling me to turn around and head back home?

I will at least go to Rob's and spend some time, but after that, I may be done.  I'm too old and tired for all this flexibility and excitement! 

We'll see...

Happy Trails!

Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Once Annie has read it, it will be posted.

Day 19 Lava Hot Springs, Idaho

A beautiful sunrise this morning. After a wild night, I hit the road about 4 am. It was still sprinkling lightly but nothing compared to the...