Night 1: Williams, California


Note to self:  

It takes about an extra hour to get to I-5 going through Corvallis.
Next time, just go through Salem. But the drive was pretty.

I left about 9 this morning and just arrived in Williams, CA
 about 5 pm.  I was originally going to sleep in Yreka
and make a short day of it, but it was early when I got there.
In addition, there's a heatwave headed this way
and I want to try to get ahead of it.
So I drove twice the distance I planned. 

I'll get up at O-dark-thirty in the morning and go to Hanford,
hopefully getting there early enough to escape the heat.
 I have to drop by the cemetery to put some of mom's ashes
on her parents' graves, then to mom's friend Marlene's house,
where I'll also meet up with MARLA! 

 Marla joined my group starting out on the Camino last year,
and she had such a great time,
I think she was there about 3 months!
I can't wait to hear all about it.

Gas in California is crazy expensive!
In Yreka, I paid $4.99/gallon!!!

On the brighter side, my van is getting 23 mpg,
even as loaded down as it is.
So hopefully as I head East, the price of gas will go down.

I'm staying the night at a motel we often stop at.
 It's called Traveler's Inn.
For the price I'd pay for two nights at the Elks,
camping in my van, I have a nice room,
with air conditioning, a shower, a microwave, a TV, internet,
and a fridge! Can't beat that! 
And it's clean as a whistle.
I love this place!

There's a cute little bathroom and a desk as well.
All for about $89.

I'm going to do my best to stay on Keto once I get past Hanford,
but I know Marlene is cooking,
so I'm going to wait to be strict.
Plus it's hot as Hades.
So I'm enjoying a root beer tonight
along with my two 1/4 pound burger patties from McD's
(just patties and pickles).

I guess that's it. 
Gonna go watch some tv.
Life is good!
I'm happy!

Love,
Annie

Gas today:  $81.41
Hotel:     $89.00


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Once Annie has read it, it will be posted.

Day 19 Lava Hot Springs, Idaho

A beautiful sunrise this morning. After a wild night, I hit the road about 4 am. It was still sprinkling lightly but nothing compared to the...