Up and Over Emory Pass

Next morning, I drove up and over Emory Pass.  There was snow on the way, and the temperature dropped at the summit. But most of the drive was filled with surprises; wild turkeys, deer, and spectacular views!

This photo in no way gives credit to the beauty of this section of the highway. I wanted to do a U-Turn so as not to miss it a second time.  My advice is to drive slow and take pullouts to enjoy the beauty!

What I thought was a red candle up on the cliff was a wind-blown piece of red cellophane!


Chilly at the Summit




I sat here and had my coffee.
Spectacular viewpoint!


Saw several herds of deer on the road down





Warming up

I had lunch in this little park, and enjoyed watching wild turkeys walking up the stream.







Part of the old highway spanning the canyon









I loved this old gas pump and car sitting in a vacant lot

Cool gate with Kokopellis

Crazy deer-antler archway with a metal sculptured vulture


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Once Annie has read it, it will be posted.

Day 19 Lava Hot Springs, Idaho

A beautiful sunrise this morning. After a wild night, I hit the road about 4 am. It was still sprinkling lightly but nothing compared to the...