City of Rocks, New Mexico

Next stop was City of Rocks, New Mexico.  This is a wonderful camping spot that literally appears out of nowhere on an otherwise very flat landscape. Camping was free with my yearly New Mexico pass.

There are hookup spots here, but I didn't need electricity, so I was happy.
The sunrise and sunsets here were spectacular, but it was a bit windy.
















My favorite camping spot.




I decided to give myself a haircut



You need a hat in the bright sunshine

This gives you an idea of the size of the rocks. See the picnic tables?


These folks had a great campsite with nesting owls above them







Wee hours of the morning





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Once Annie has read it, it will be posted.

Day 19 Lava Hot Springs, Idaho

A beautiful sunrise this morning. After a wild night, I hit the road about 4 am. It was still sprinkling lightly but nothing compared to the...