Portland! Tillamook! Portland!

It was so nice to get back up to Portland!
It really has become "home" to me --

I parked and slept in my son's driveway. There is a room inside where I can stay, but I'm just more comfie in my own little van bed!

Each morning, I'd make coffee, open the van door and enjoy my son-in-law's beautiful garden while I read.  Here are a few of his flowers...

















While here, I went through all my belongings AGAIN.
I probably was able to pull 1/3 of the items out
and had a nice yard sale.
I made enough cash to pay for my trip to Tillamook,
and for a new pair of expensive New Balance trail runners,
which I needed to help with the Morton's Neuroma 
that I've developed. 

Tillamook was fun!
The campground was grassy 
and covered with pretty little
yellow dandelions.
There were probably around 35 folks that showed up.
Small, intimate, and fun.
I stayed 5 nights and then spent the last night
at one of the Cheese factories.
I couldn't afford spending $15/night for any more nights.
But I stayed long enough to see my friends,
and to meet new friends!



One of my new friends, Jane,
had a new (to her) van,
and a few items I hadn't seen before.
One was this Jackery 240 Portable Power Station.
I was so impressed by it that I ordered one
when I returned to Portland.
I have solar panels and a very expensive 
AGM battery,
however it's a pain in the kazoo 
to set up the inverter when I want to charge 
my phone, my laptop, or my ipad.
With this Jackery Station, 
it's a cinch.
There are a lot of reviews on YouTube
if you want to know more.



Jane also had this cool urine separator.
She's going to build her toilet using it.
Brilliant!



While in Tillamook, 
Jane showed me her favorite spot
for FRIED OYSTERS!!!
YUM!!!
Marty and Jane Brown went with Jane C and I
to this Old Oregon Smokehouse Seafood Market
where I got the BEST fried oysters I have eaten 
since they closed Gino's in Newport!
It is directly across from the big
Tillamook Cheese Factory,
so you can have oysters,
then ice cream!
They have other items on the menu as well,
including plain old burgers.


Sunset was beautiful in Tillamook.


Using my folding toaster inside the van. I love this thing!

On the last morning, I drove to Netarts and sat with my van door open,
while I had my coffee and toast and did my morning reading.
What a beautiful spot!



Then I headed back to Portland
to spend a couple of days with my granddaughter Hayden,
my eldest son and his wife.

Saturday and Sunday I need to finish packing up
the last of my belongings that are stored in my son's garage.
They have purchased another home and will be moving
at the end of the month.
They will keep my old house as a rental.

Once I've got things buttoned up here,
I'm heading BACK to the coast,
and will drive slowly down to CA,
enjoying the scenery.

Stay tuned . . . 
Annie





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Once Annie has read it, it will be posted.

Day 19 Lava Hot Springs, Idaho

A beautiful sunrise this morning. After a wild night, I hit the road about 4 am. It was still sprinkling lightly but nothing compared to the...