Mom Fell . . .

Well, my plan was to head to northern New Mexico after Carlsbad, but I got a call that my mother had fallen.  She shattered her hip, broke her femur, and broke 3 ribs.  So after a quick stop in Ajo, I headed down to central California to find the hospital in the town where mom lives wasn't equipped to handle such a serious surgery. They transferred her by ambulance to San Jose Trauma Center. Luckily, I had my van!  I slept for a week in their nice parking lot until mom had recovered from the surgery enough to be transported again, by ambulance, back down to the Valley.

Mom after surgery

I ended up staying at her home after we returned to the Valley, to watch her dog.  Once she was able to go home from the rehabilitation facility, I stayed with her until she was steady enough on her feet to use a walker and be alone.  I hired a housekeeper, someone to help her shower, and enlisted my niece to check on her once a week and be sure she had groceries.  A neighbor checks her mail once a day.

After 3 months, she was feeling well enough to give me a much needed break.
So I packed up the van and headed north to visit my children in Portland, and to attend the Tillamook Meet-up.

While I was in San Jose, I visited the Rosecrucian Museum.  It was a beautiful little museum with a LOT to see.  I'll post photos on the next blog post.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Once Annie has read it, it will be posted.

Day 19 Lava Hot Springs, Idaho

A beautiful sunrise this morning. After a wild night, I hit the road about 4 am. It was still sprinkling lightly but nothing compared to the...