Heading Down the Oregon Coast - SHOWERS!



Yesterday, I left Portland, and headed for the Oregon Coast. I didn't get much sleep the night before and my eyes didn't want to stay open, so I stopped halfway for a coffee.  I fell in love all over again with my JetBoil and my AeroPress. Coffee took all of 3 minutes to make and I was soon back on the road.



I swung by my favorite spot for fried oysters (thanks Jane Conboy!)
After eating HALF of my oysters, I remembered to take a photo.
After lunch, I took a nap at the Tillamook RV park near the hangers (where we had the Tillamook MeetUp).  Then I traveled down the coast a bit and spent the night in the pullout right past Cloverdale.  This is a very sweet spot you can find on freecampsites.net. There were only 4 other RVs and vans there and I spent a nice quiet evening watching the beautiful sunset, reading, and catching up on my sleep.





CENTRAL OREGON COAST SHOWERS:

This morning, I met up with fellow Nomad Karri Konga, and we spent time watching whales, then shot over to Beverly Beach State Park for a shower.

While there, I asked the ranger about other possible shower spots and he gave me this handy dandy map booklet.  So here you go!  I'll post photos and a map of northern Oregon Coast later, but here are the photos and map of places along the central Oregon Coast where you can get a shower for only $2!

Anywhere you see a shower icon, you should be able to drive up to the ranger station, pay your $2, and get a parking pass.  Cool beans, huh?




NORTHERN OREGON COAST SHOWERS

By the way, I've highlighted Tillamook, because you can get showers at the local YMCA for $1 -- they have both early morning (5:30 - 8:30) hours and evening hours. Call for more info.




SOUTHERN OREGON COAST SHOWERS



ALL OF OREGON

If you stop in at any of these State Parks, you can pick up a booklet which lists State Parks all over Oregon, including the Gorge, Central Oregon, Southern Oregon, Willamette Valley - with maps and a list of facilities.  

And it's FREE!



So Nomads, no reason to be stinky!
Get a danged shower!

Happy Trails!
Annie


1 comment:

Thank you for your comment. Once Annie has read it, it will be posted.

Day 19 Lava Hot Springs, Idaho

A beautiful sunrise this morning. After a wild night, I hit the road about 4 am. It was still sprinkling lightly but nothing compared to the...