Day 8 - Jackson Tennessee


I got up early this morning and thought I would just drive for five hours but by the time I got to my destination it was only 11 AM so I just kept driving. I think I drove from 6 AM until 6 PM today with a couple of breaks in between.

 I have stopped at Cracker Barrel tonight. I wasn’t really hungry but I’ve always wanted to try this place so I got their chicken and French toast dinner. I ate part of it and will have the rest for breakfast before I head out. 

My son’s house is only four hours away so I will arrive there in the morning. I’ll be so happy to have a few days again of no driving. 

The scenery in Missouri and Tennessee has just been gorgeous and the roads are really nice but again there are no rest stops which means you have to just keep driving between towns. 

I stopped for breakfast at an Amish store. I had seen some signs along the way that said to share the road and the sign had a picture of a horse and buggy and I thought it was just an ad for the Amish store. After I had breakfast and was heading out, all of a sudden a horse and buggy pulled out into the lane next to me really fast. I don’t know where they were going, but they were all dressed in black and it was pretty exciting! I wish I could’ve gotten a photo, but I was going 70 miles an hour . I’m going to try to find a photo online so I can post one here. 

The store was a lot of fun. They had a lot of bottled and canned goods as well as a lot of handmade items that were very nice. I bought a bottle of bacon jam, and a bottle of sorghum, which I love.  There was a table full of men having their breakfast and one man and his two sons had their straw hats on, and their beards. I’ve never seen Amish people so it was interesting. The breakfast was really good. I had biscuits and gravy and strawberry jam.

I’m really excited to see Rob tomorrow. I miss him like crazy. It is also always a joy to see Rob’s dad. I love hanging out with them and listening to them play music.

OK that’s it for now I’m gonna try to read for about 10 minutes and probably fall asleep

Happy trails,

Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Once Annie has read it, it will be posted.

Day 19 Lava Hot Springs, Idaho

A beautiful sunrise this morning. After a wild night, I hit the road about 4 am. It was still sprinkling lightly but nothing compared to the...