Day 7 - Harrisonville, Missouri

My cousins Doug and Vonda

Today was a beautiful drive through Oklahoma, Kansas,
and finally, Missouri.
Everything is green and pretty
and reminds me a lot of home.

I arrived at my cousin's house around noon.
It was SO good to see her.
We had a great visit last night with my Sissy (my mother's sister!)
I had to wear a mask into the facility so when I got in there,
I got close to her and said,
"Do you know who this is?" 
She looked into my eyes and I dropped my mask
and she said,
"Yes! The little SH*T that caused me so much trouble!"

We laughed so hard at stories about our childhood
and all the trouble we got into.
She remembered every story.
It sure was good to spend some time with her.
We'll go again tonight for what will probably be our last visit,
which makes me sad. 


After, they took me to have Mexican food for dinner.
SOOOOoooooo good!

Today we went to my cousin, Doug's house.
He has a beautiful garden! 
He has peaches, pears, grapes, tomatoes, watermelon,
squash, pumpkins, canteloupes, potatoes and jalepeƱos.
It made me want to be home to get my garden going!
He explained to me how to put in a drip irrigation system
so I'm going to do that once I'm home.
I have better photos but I'm having trouble uploading them.



We came home and my cousin Perry visited. 
I'm so upset that I didn't get a photo of us together. 
Perry is a pastor.

I looked at the weather this morning
and there was a storm blowing in
(!!!)
so I thought I'd stay here an extra night.
But NOW it's saying tomorrow will be clear
so I'm going to head on to Rob's.
It will take 2.5 days to get there.
I'm hoping I can get ahead of the storm.

I'll tell you, again,
I'm feeling I bit off more than I could chew this trip.
I didn't realize how hard Covid had hit me. 
When the doctor said I had Long Covid,
he wasn't kidding.
I'm just exhausted.
So I've made a decision to cut my trip short
and head home after visiting Rob.
I'm not sure WHICH route I'll take. 
I see flood warnings in Nauvoo
which is where I was headed,
so honestly, I'll just go the safest way I can find
and get myself back home.

I'll be happy to be safe and sound,
and working in my garden.

I'm not sorry I came because this will probably be
the last time I see my aunt.
I'm hoping Vonda will ride the train out in the summer to visit.
But it's been worth the drive
and I'm happy I did it.

On the road again tomorrow,
Love,
Annie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Once Annie has read it, it will be posted.

Day 19 Lava Hot Springs, Idaho

A beautiful sunrise this morning. After a wild night, I hit the road about 4 am. It was still sprinkling lightly but nothing compared to the...