Day 18 Wamsutter, Wyoming

 


Holy HELL!

I just went through the scariest storm I've ever seen in my 70 years!

I drove into the biggest, blackest cloud with giant lightning flashing all around. Suddenly the sky opened and on this 75 mph freeway, I could not see where I was. The rain was falling so hard I literally was blinded. I could not see the road. I could not see the white line. I could not see the truck in front of me. I had to slow down to about 40 mph and pray nobody would rear end me - but I guess they were all in the same boat.

Luckily it was only a few miles from my stop for the night, a Love's Gas Station, where I'm hunkered down in my van, with wind battering the sides. This is the craziest weather I've ever been in. 

I looked at the forecast and this is supposed to let up by about 1 am and the sun is supposed to shine. I was REALLY worried it would bring a tornado and there's no place to hide, but the weather app says no ... just serious thunder and lightning storms until the wee hours.

I'm not even going to go into the station.  I'm putting on my jammies and getting under the covers and staying dry.

And tomorrow I'm treating myself after all this craziness. I'm going to stay at Lava Hot Springs, where I can soak in the hot water and maybe even drum up a massage. I am definitely looking forward to that!

Above is the storm I drove into. The photo doesn't do it justice. 

Three more days to home. 

Where are my ruby slippers?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Once Annie has read it, it will be posted.

Day 19 Lava Hot Springs, Idaho

A beautiful sunrise this morning. After a wild night, I hit the road about 4 am. It was still sprinkling lightly but nothing compared to the...