Standin' On The Corner . . .

Next stop was Winslow, Arizona!
The first thing I did was gas up,
then stopped at a carwash to wash the dust off my van
so I could open the door without getting slimed.

Then I asked a friendly policeman, 
"Where's the famous corner?"
He directed me, 
and
here I am "standin' on the corner."

(There are signs directing people as you get closer, btw)


This was fun.
I must have taken about 50 photos
with my iPhone propped up on a lamp post,
trying to get a good shot.

And here's the Flat Bed Ford! 
You can actually see it in the previous photo in the window reflection.
There was a funny old guy sitting on the corner,
watching all the silly people stopping,
getting their photo taken,
then leaving.
I counted at least 5 in the 15 minutes I was sitting there.
Must be real entertainment when you live 
in a town as small as Winslow!


After taking my photo,
I found breakfast in a mom and pop joint 
at the end of Route 66 before getting back on the highway.
Sadly, I forgot to take a photo or get the name.
But it was pretty good corned beef hash and eggs!

On to the JACKRABBIT!

Happy Trails,
Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Once Annie has read it, it will be posted.

Day 19 Lava Hot Springs, Idaho

A beautiful sunrise this morning. After a wild night, I hit the road about 4 am. It was still sprinkling lightly but nothing compared to the...