My Experience with Thousand Trails

 A couple of years ago I decided I might get a Thousand Trails membership so I'd always have a safe place to camp. This was before I really had much experience van dwelling and was still a little nervous.

I called a salesperson, and I told them I was in a van. They told me as long as I pitched a tent next to my van, I should have no problems and I paid about $500 for a membership.

I took my van to the first Thousand Trails up near Cape Mears. 
No problem getting in, BUT most of the toilets and showers were locked up.
Spaces were VERY close together,And there was (literally) no internet or cell service anywhere on the property.

Internet was important as was cell service as I had an elderly mother I needed to stay in touch with.

Next stop was down the Oregon Coast near Newport.

Drove up to the check-in.

The fellow says, "Where is your RV?"

I replied, "This IS my RV"

He said, "No vans allowed. You need an RV."

I explained I had purchased the member ship and had a tent.

He said I MUST park in a tent space, and I MUST sleep in the tent and if I did not, I would be kicked out. 

Whoah!

So I stayed one night. Again there was NO cell service and NO internet except up at the office.

Next day I called and cancelled my membership and demanded a refund, which they gave me.

If internet and cell service are important to you and unless you have "real" RV, you may want to think twice before signing up.

And that's my story ::grin:::

Love,

Annie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Once Annie has read it, it will be posted.

Day 19 Lava Hot Springs, Idaho

A beautiful sunrise this morning. After a wild night, I hit the road about 4 am. It was still sprinkling lightly but nothing compared to the...