Feeling HOPE Today

 Today I'm feeling more HOPEful!

My wonderful ex, Joe, is here painting the house all white and mom is actually saying, "I love it!"

That feels good. Finally, she may be happy.

I've reconnected with my van-dweller community and am looking forward to finding just the right van, selling the Lincoln (mom's car that she put into my name,) and at least being able to go out on the road a few days at a time to keep my sanity. It's a New Moon, so the time is right for formulating new intentions and re-evaluating existing ones.  I'm VERY good at manifesting what I want so things are looking up. 

I found a great box at a charity shop called H2O here in Dallas. It's a blue velvet box that reminds me of the dark night sky. I've decided it will be my manifestation box. Anything I put into it WILL BE. And so now I'm on the search for just the right van. I'll find a photo and put it in the box and watch this space, because it's GOING to come into my life! I believe it!


I haven't had much time for starting a new drawing. However, I unpacked a beautiful statue of Our Lady of Fatima that belonged to my great grandmother. I was sad to find her fingers had shattered in the move. So I'm in the process of repairing her. She is chalkware, so there are steps that must be taken. First, I glued any tiny pieces I could find back onto her hands. Next I painted all the exposed chalkware with shellac because if you don't do that, the plaster in the statue will absorb water from the new plaster. So that's the stage I'm at now. Once this is dry, I'll add new plaster, let it dry, then carve it. After that, I'll repaint the repair. Stay tuned. In this photo, you can see her broken fingers which have been reglued and painted with shellac.

Today I'm having a "Tea Party" on Zoom, reconnecting with some friends from Portland. I'm looking forward to it!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Love,

Annie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Once Annie has read it, it will be posted.

Day 19 Lava Hot Springs, Idaho

A beautiful sunrise this morning. After a wild night, I hit the road about 4 am. It was still sprinkling lightly but nothing compared to the...