Things I Own and Need to Let Go Of

 So here I am stuck in a house :::laughing::: trying to remember how this works.

The first thing I did was unpack the dozen or so boxes of things I'd stored in my son's garage... things I LOVED!

It has been like Christmas!

However, I realize now that if I want to get back on the road, a lot of this is going to have to go away or be put in storage again. So I've begun selling it off, piece by piece. First thing to go was my ArcHaus, which I rarely used.

I have unpacked all my art supplies into a room I'm calling my studio. Haven't yet had a chance to do much drawing, but hoping to get back to it soon. Here's a little French Bulldog I've been working on for too long! Covid has made it impossible to put business cards around. I'll be SO glad when this damned pandemic is over!


My studio has a lot things I love in it, and so does my bedroom.
I have two rooms in the house I consider "mine." 
The rest is my mother's house.

Here are the things in my studio.

Ancestor photos are important to me. I knew nearly all of these grandparents, and this month my family does a Remembrance Rite on November 1, where we talk about each one and light candles for those friends and relatives who have passed on this year. But this month, they're on my wall so I can see them every day and think about them.  


My wall of tools. 
I think I will probably sell a lot of these. 
I don't plan on making jewelry anymore, and I have tons of findings and stones
from my early days camping in Quartzsite. But it's just too much to carry around and frankly, my colored pencils and paper take up less space and weigh less. 
Cutting tools and rulers will most likely go into storage.

My colored pencils will go in the van with me.
I kept the flat cases - and probably have about 5 sets of various types of pencils.

Some of my watercolor brushes will go with me.
Some will go in storage.


This is my altar. 
It changes with the seasons. 
Usually my Lady of Fatima is on it, 
but she's being repaired right now.
I imagine most of this will go into storage.

These two waterbird paintings were the two that I kept and will probably put into storage again. The conch shell is used for ritual and one of my children will hold it for me. There are art supplies in the cabinet that will probably get sold, along with the cabinet.


Here is my BIG problem. 
I have knitting needles, embroidery supplies, clay, 
a set of Acutonic Tuning Forks and coursework,
a set of cupping tools,
a serger, a sewing machine, tons of various expensive papers for art,
and a boatload of books and binders.
I've decided that while I'm stuck in the house, I'll read one book at a time, then get rid of it. The binders are a BOTA course that I love and will keep. The serger will be sold. The knitting supplies will most likely be sold. The clay supplies will be sold. The two bank boxes are full of genealogy - I need to deal with those while I'm in the house and either take them to be put on disk, or give them to a grandchild. 
When I look at THIS, I get a bit overwhelmed...

I love this plaque and will take it in my van.
The mermaid is a needlefelted one that I made, 
and she's up for grabs to a good home.

This is HALF of all my possessions.
The rest are in my bedroom, 
but my ex is sleeping in there tonight.
Tomorrow, I will photograph those items.
Much of what is in there are rocks and metaphysical crystals
that I've collected over the years in QZ.
I can't keep lugging them around.
They will need to go way, except for a very few. 

It feels like so much...
but I plan on being cut-throat!
We'll see how I do...

Love,
Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Once Annie has read it, it will be posted.

Day 19 Lava Hot Springs, Idaho

A beautiful sunrise this morning. After a wild night, I hit the road about 4 am. It was still sprinkling lightly but nothing compared to the...