New Wipers and Bins for Under My Bed

 This week, I worked a bit more on the van. I thought I'd post prices I'm paying for anyone who is also building out their own Sienna.

Sun Shades

First, I put in a new set of Eclipse Sunshades. I love these shades for the front window. They are SO easy to install and use and keep me from having to store a sunshade or piece of reflectix for the front windshield. Price was:

Subtotal : $54.99 USD

Shipping : $14.02 USD

Total : $69.01 USD

Reflectix

I did buy some reflectix for the other windows. 
A roll 48" x 10 feet was right around $30
This will cover all side windows.
When I'm not using it, it will store nicely flat under the mattress.

Windshield Wipers


I bought GOOD windshield wipers. I live most of the year in Oregon and we get a LOT of rain, so I needed good wipers!

I got them at my local NAPA Auto Parts, where the nice man agreed to install them for me as well.  I paid $34.48 for the two front wipers. He asked if I wanted the rear wiper, but I declined, since I'll be building out the kitchen in the rear and have no need to see out the rear window.

Sterlite Bins for Under Bed

Next, I went to Walmart and bought 3 bins to go under my bed. I bought simple Sterlite bins. I did buy the lids, though I generally do not use them. I find the bottom of the bed gives enough coverage and I like just being able to slide them partially out and grabbing what I need. I use one bin for my clothes, one for my art supplies, and one for "miscellaneous."  I paid $ 7.98 for each bin.


Joe is coming to visit today and I'm hoping to get the bed frame built in. I'll let you know. I DO know that we will be using plywood, which is quite expensive right now. But I will post the price and photos if we get to it this week.

That's it for now,

Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Once Annie has read it, it will be posted.

Day 19 Lava Hot Springs, Idaho

A beautiful sunrise this morning. After a wild night, I hit the road about 4 am. It was still sprinkling lightly but nothing compared to the...