Isn't She Lovely!?

 

It was a very sad day for me when I had to sell my van so I could drive mom's car up to Oregon. That was about one year ago, and today I finally went shopping for a new van...

AND I FOUND ONE!

I had appointments on both the East and West sides of Portland today.

I had looked all through Craigslist and other websites
and was prepared to pay between $12,000 and $14,000
for the right Sienna.

After my last stop on the East side with no luck,
I was headed to the Sellwood Bridge
and passed a little lot and something said
(maybe it was Joe?),
"let's pull in here."

I asked the sales lady if she had a Toyota Sienna. 
She did not, but wanted to show me another van.
At this point, a man came out, the owner of the shop.
He said, "Are you looking for something in particular

I replied, "Yes, a Toyota Sienna."

He said, "I suppose you're looking for a newer model."

I said, "No, actually, I would love to find an older one
with less than 150K miles on it.

He said, "Have I got the car for you!"

He had it at his shop
and they had just finished repairing a bumper and headlight
after a minor collision.
The insurance company had totaled it, because of its age,
and so it had a salvage title.
I asked him the mileage and he said he thought it was around 117,000
(turned out to be 110,000!).
I said, "Let's go see it!"

The price was $4500.

When I told him I'd like to trade in my 2000 Lincoln
his eyes lit up.
My Lincoln had only 70,000 actual miles on it.
He said he'd give me $2200 for it.
That meant the Sienna only cost me (after registration fees, etc.) 

...DRUMROLL...

$2384.

Here she is, a 2000 Toyota Sienna.

She has only 110,000 miles on her.

I took her to my mechanic friend, Sammy.
She needs new brakes but otherwise is in EXCELLENT condition.

I'm SO stoked and can't wait to get busy
turning her into my next camping van.

YAY!







I asked him to take all the middle seats out and one of the back seats.
I'm going to wait and see how I want to arrange my bed 
before I take out this last back seat.
I may keep it if I can.



1 comment:

Thank you for your comment. Once Annie has read it, it will be posted.

Day 19 Lava Hot Springs, Idaho

A beautiful sunrise this morning. After a wild night, I hit the road about 4 am. It was still sprinkling lightly but nothing compared to the...