SHOWERS ON THE ROAD



I figured it would be nice to post the places I find showers. I'll add to this list as I find more and more places.

Planet Fitness:  Join for $10-20 per month, and you're able to shower at any Planet Fitness facility from what I understand. I used their showers once. They were clean. 

Along the West Coast and Hwy 101

Flint, Washington:   Showers in town at 2 of the town motels. One costs $3 per shower. The other costs $5 and includes towels, washcloth, soap and shampoo.  Can't remember the name of the motels, but will post it when I do.

Tillamook, Oregon: YMCA has $1 showers Monday-Friday 5:30 am - 10:30 am & 7 pm - 8:30 pm

Beverly Beach Oregon:  This state part and most other state parks in Oregon will allow you to buy a nice hot shower for $2.  If you're disabled, the disabled showers are larger and have a hose nozzle. The Disabled shower at Beverly Beach appears to be wheelchair accessible. Clean? Well, it's a beach so the floors were sandy and it's Oregon so there's always a bit of mold.

Grace Wins Haven, Newport, Oregon:  Showers for free on Tuesdays. Open at 9 am. Get in and sign up early. Address is 437 Northeast 1st Stree.

Rec Center Newport, Oregon:   Showers for $5.50 each

Rockaway Beach:    Arisana Tolomei from my Women's RTR Facebook page says: I was just camping at Barview Jetty Campground. We only had to put 2 quarters in to get the shower started. Never used more than 5 quarters per shower. 🙌 This campground is on the Oregon coast in Rockaway Beach.

Seaside: I found a hot shower outside the MEN's bathrooms at The Cove beach. A girl COULD wear a swimsuit and get a nice shower there.

Near Flagstaff - I-40

Flagstaff, AZ:  Little America Travel Center.  Suanne Carlson reports:  So on my way west on I-40, I knew I was going to be driving by Little America Travel Center, and planned to stop for a "spa" treat. I paid my $12 and $5 deposit, received two huge towels, a large wash cloth, a small bottle of shampoo, some fancy-dancy liquid soap, and a key to room 9. The bathrooms are huge for truck stop facilities -- a big shower, long counter/mirror with sink, a semi-private toilet area, and a big shower. But, what really sets this place apart are the large tubs.

Donna Rimmer shares:  Another place I take showers in Flagstaff....FLAGSTAFF AQUATIC CENTER.
ONLY $6.50 for a day pass.
I swim awhile, sit in HOT TUB, then take a long hot shower.
Covered parking.
Only 9.50 if you are not a senior.
My favorite place to go.


Route 66

Grand Canyon SOUTH Rim - Route 66:  I had a wonderful 8 minute HOT shower on the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. I found showers at the Camper Services Building at the entrance to Mather Campground. 8 am – 6 pm core hours, last laundry wash 4:45 pm. The showers were $2 for 8 minutes, and the water was lovely and hot! Take quarters!

Kingman Arizona -
Kingman, AZ.Cornerstone Mission on Sycamore Street behind Motel 6.
FREE showers!!!!!
They have towels, soap and shampoo, also.
Nice "ladies" shower, toilet, sink, mirror.

Lake Havasu, Arizona
Lake Havasu Aquatic Center.
$5.00 day pass. Hot tub, pool, and showers available.


Other:

YUMA YWCA :  1917 West 32nd Street. Showers are $3 whenever facility is open. Sunday

9:00 am to 2:00 pm
Monday
5:00 am to 10:00 pm
Tuesday
5:00 am to 10:00 pm
Wednesday
5:00 am to 10:00 pm
Thursday
5:00 am to 10:00 pm
Friday
5:00 am to 8:00 pm
Saturday
8:00 am to 4:00 pm


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire your adventurous spirit. Thanks for sharing your journey. Found you while researching El Camino. Blessings and Love sent your way

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. Once Annie has read it, it will be posted.

Day 19 Lava Hot Springs, Idaho

A beautiful sunrise this morning. After a wild night, I hit the road about 4 am. It was still sprinkling lightly but nothing compared to the...