Becoming More Stealthy

I followed the lead of one of the ladies on the Women's RTR site today and made my van a bit more stealthy.

I went to Joann's fabric store, took advantage of their 50% sale, and bought a yard and 21 inches of 72 inch black felt. I found a can of Scotch spray adhesive in the hugely discounted section.

I brought all my goodies "home" to the lot where I'm boondocked on the Oregon coast.

I laid out my reflectix window covers on the ground, sprayed them with the adhesive, then glued them to the felt.  After they were good and stuck, I cut around the edges and voila!

My once silver window coverings now look like black tinted windows.

I'm VERY happy with the results and it was easy as pie.
Took me about 20 minutes to finish all four windows.

I did have an "adventure" when I thought I'd put reflectix TAPE around the edges to hold it all together. But when I put that piece in the window, the silver tape GLARED. So I ripped it off.

Cost was about $15 and I've got lots of adhesive and about a yard of felt left. I bought way too much felt.


My reflectix window covering on top of the felt piece
The felt before I more carefully trimmed it


From the outside. See the tiny bit of reflectix in the upper right corner? I should patch that.

The back windows are awesomely blacked out now.

*** UPDATE!
This did not work and I ended up ripping the felt off and simply putting reflectix in the windows. I never had another issue just using reflectix.

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment. Once Annie has read it, it will be posted.

Day 19 Lava Hot Springs, Idaho

A beautiful sunrise this morning. After a wild night, I hit the road about 4 am. It was still sprinkling lightly but nothing compared to the...