Bedding

My new mattress arrived yesterday. It came all rolled up tight in a box and the instructions said to leave it unfolded flat for 24 hours so it could decompress.

The mattress is a cot mattress. It is a trifold so if I decide van life isn't for me, it will be perfect for company. It is 4 inches thick and this morning looks a lot different than in the photo below.

I used the time to cut the down comforter and duvet down to a manageable size. I cut a row off the side and a row off the end, and now it fits perfectly!

It was easy using my serger, and I thanked my grandmothers again for teaching me to sew!

The mattress before decompressing.
I cut down the comforter AND the duvet to fit.
Once I get the bed made, I'll take another photo.

The van is coming along. Today the milkcrates arrive so I can organize the back end. I'm having a great time projecting, but a difficult time keeping what I take to a minimum.

I originally was going to use a round 5 gallon water bottle and pump. The pump arrived damaged, and in the meantime, I found a 5 gallon water jug that was rectangular in the basement. It will work a lot better!

My window film arrived today and I'll get some of it put up today and take photos.

Stay tuned.
Love,
Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Once Annie has read it, it will be posted.

Day 19 Lava Hot Springs, Idaho

A beautiful sunrise this morning. After a wild night, I hit the road about 4 am. It was still sprinkling lightly but nothing compared to the...