Fare Well Noah!



My son called two nights ago.

"Mom, are you sitting down?"

I panicked.  "What! What's wrong?"

"Noah's gone. They found him dead this morning."

I was stunned!  I have been talking to Noah all week.  Noah is such a sweet kid, the same age as my youngest son. He's been a member of our extended family since we met him. Full of love and concern for others, sweet Noah had many, many friends. Like the rest of us, he had his demons, but he was winning. He was living in Oklahoma but making plans to return to the Pacific Northwest and we were looking forward to his being back home. He just called me this week and told me that he loved me and that I was like a mother to him.  I was worried because he'd rolled his car and was in a lot of pain from a shoulder injury. I told him to go to the doctor. He said he'd be ok.

His aunt arrived to take him to the doctor and found him in his bed, 
already gone.

We are all still in shock.
Why Noah?
Why him?

Life is so fleeting.
So precious.

Don't waste another moment.
Go hug all the people you love.

Farewell, Sweet Noah.
You were a bright shining light in our lives.
You brought us joy and laughter and love, 
and we will always remember you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Once Annie has read it, it will be posted.

Day 19 Lava Hot Springs, Idaho

A beautiful sunrise this morning. After a wild night, I hit the road about 4 am. It was still sprinkling lightly but nothing compared to the...