Washing Dishes and a New Water Pump

 Unless I'm doing some heavy duty cooking, I don't waste water washing dishes. I simply use a spray bottle filled with apple cider vinegar. I wipe my dish with a paper towel, then spray it with vinegar and wipe it clean/dry. That's it. 


If I've dirtied the pots/pans beyond a certain point, then I heat water in the smaller of these two porcelain clad dishpans and wash the dishes. I only use this smaller one for washing dishes. The larger tub is for taking a 'bath.' Whether dishes or bath, I use my leftover water to clean up my van on the inside or outside. Keeping it clean keeps the law away and makes it less likely neighbors/people will complain.


Most of the time, I take a large tank of propane and a Coleman stove, especially if I'll be gone more than a week or two. I will also carry 8 gallon jugs of water. However, this trip I'm using a one-burner butane stove, and I'm taking a 5 gallon bottle of water.

I bought a rechargeable pump to pull the water up 
and out into my container. 
The bottle fits perfectly in the space where my propane usually sits. 
The pump will ride in a box and only be put on the bottle when I'm stopped. It doesn't screw or pop on. It simply sits on top of the bottle. 
You don't "push" it down - you simply touch a little button and voila! Water!
I'm in love with it!


I'm getting excited to leave on my trip.
I sold my cartop carrier when I sold my other van,
and now I'm feeling the need to buy another one.
They're awfully expensive, but I need the extra space.
I'm keeping my eye open on Facebook Marketplace,
but a Thule may be my next major purchase. 
Stay tuned!
Love,
Annie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Once Annie has read it, it will be posted.

September 17 - Martins Cove

 I had a restful night at Martin’s Cove. Next morning, I went to see the exhibits. There weren’t very many people there.  The missionaries, ...