Freeze Drying Like a Mad Woman!

 I've been using the freeze dryer like a mad woman the past few weeks, getting ready for my cross-country trip.

Today I put it all together and I think I'm done! 

It all fits nicely in this tub which fits under my bed in the van:



I have enough for most of my trip. 
Of course, I'll stop for the occasional burger or steak, 
but otherwise, I think I'm set. 

For breakfast:
Oatmeal
Potatoes and Egg
Egg and Sausage
Pumpkin Bread Biscotti
Cereal
Dry Milk and Chipped Beef for SOS

For lunches:
Tuna Salad
Chicken Salad
Roast Beef for Sandwiches
Peanut Butter/Blackberry Jam (from my garden)

For dinners:
Spaghetti and Meatballs
Meatloaf
Fetuccini Alfredo
Tacos
Butter Chicken 
Eggroll in a Bowl

For snacks:
Peaches
Cashews
Pecans

In addition, I'm taking some canned/dry goods including some wheat-free crackers for snacking.


I'm getting excited!

Tuesday I'm headed to Tualatin to Cabala's 
to buy a small cartop carrier. 
I want to deliver some of Rob's possessions to him,
and since I'm not sure about weather, 
I'll take extra clothes in a suitcase up top.

Stay tuned . . .
Annie




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Once Annie has read it, it will be posted.

September 17 - Martins Cove

 I had a restful night at Martin’s Cove. Next morning, I went to see the exhibits. There weren’t very many people there.  The missionaries, ...