My New Oven

This coming weekend, I'm taking my first camping trip since hitting the beach early summer. I'm going to an Autumn Equinox Festival with my son.

We decided we wanted biscuits and gravy for breakfast on the Saturday morning, so I had to start thinking about an oven. I had used a Coleman oven in the past, and though it cooked ok, it was bulky and I wanted a more lightweight solution. I did a bit of research and ended up buying an OMNIA oven. Since I was spending the money, I figured I'd go all out and I bought all the accessories, including a metal pan insert (instead of silicone), a silicone insert for making cupcakes or smaller portions, a windscreen, and a temperature gauge. 





Web photo - Lasagne!

Silicone insert

Not my finger - internet photo

I did a test run in my kitchen:


All in all, I am pretty happy with this little guy. It's super lightweight, and though it doesn't completely brown the food (yet), the biscuits were cooked through and it's going to be fun playing with it.

Biscuits were cooked through

Cooked but not browned 

I think if I brush the tops with butter next time, they'll brown up.

I'll let you know how it goes... 

HOORAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Once Annie has read it, it will be posted.

Day 19 Lava Hot Springs, Idaho

A beautiful sunrise this morning. After a wild night, I hit the road about 4 am. It was still sprinkling lightly but nothing compared to the...