Farewell Old Friend


If I look exhausted, it's because I am.

Today is a sad day for me. I'm selling my minivan.

A lot has happened in my life this year, besides Coronavirus.

I went to Spain to walk, and had to rush home because of the virus.
I discovered breast cancer.
I had a double mastectomy.
While healing from that, I got news my elderly mother fell again.

I'm now in Hanford, CA.
We have sold mom's house and I have been packing up to move her up to Dallas, Oregon on August 7. We will find a house up there near the family for her to buy and I will be living with her now, caring for her, and continuing my own healing.

Doesn't look like I'll be doing much traveling for a year or two, so I sold the van to Homes On Wheels Association for a fair price, and hopefully, someone in need will receive a sweet little home on wheels.

I had planned on selling it and buying something larger anyway, but it's still hard to see it go.

Right now, I'm weary, worn out, and need some rest.
Once mom is settled, maybe I'll get another rig.
But until then, it's a stick built house for me.

So for now.. "Farewell Old Friend!  We've had some AWESOME adventures!
I'll miss you!"

Love,
Annie


4 comments:

  1. sad to hear , I pray for you and your mother

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you CJ. I'm so sorry for this terribly late response. I just ran across a page full of comments today after all this time!

      Delete
  2. I'm not sure how I stumbled over your blog ? But sure have enjoyed ! Hope you are well and can come back out and play soon . I'm starting week-end travel/camping a bit & purging stuff♡ Hope to go full time & let my rental go in 6 yrs when I turn 70 ! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you are enjoying the blog. I'm so sorry it's taken so long to respond. Blogger has not been notifying me of comments and I literally just found a page full!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment. Once Annie has read it, it will be posted.

Day 19 Lava Hot Springs, Idaho

A beautiful sunrise this morning. After a wild night, I hit the road about 4 am. It was still sprinkling lightly but nothing compared to the...