Another Big Clean-Out!

Well, this week was an exceptional one for me.

I made the decision to let my needle-felting fiber go to a new home.
The supplies are lightweight, but bulky, and so just aren't "right" for van-dwelling.

I enjoy doing the felting, especially the pet sculptures.





But the craft supplies are just too big to carry around in a van.

I put up my Addi-quick machine on my Etsy page, and within a day, it was SOLD!  In the add, I mentioned having a huge stash of fiber.  The gal who bought the machine emailed me and was very interested in the fiber, so I took photos and told her "make me an offer!"

Here is just a small portion of what I had to sell:





Within a couple of hours, she wrote back saying, "How about $250?"

Well.. it was hard for me, because I have several THOUSAND dollars worth of fiber. The photos just show a portion of it.

HOWEVER, it's doing me no good sitting in storage.
So I accepted.

The money will pay for the new colored pencil sets I bought.
Plus,
She's a beginner.
She's getting a great deal.
It's going to a good home.
It's ok.
But whew!  It was a hard decision.

I boxed it up today and took it to the post office.
That's 4 less boxes of "stuff!"

I still have the needles and eyes and horsehair and other supplies.
They're more expensive tools and worth hanging on "just in case."
But I'm happy.

I've decided the BEST art tools for me in the van
are watercolors and colored pencils.

Now I have to make a decision on my doll business.
Unless I get an RV, 
there's really no room for 300 plus Bratz dolls,
a sewing machine,
and fabric.
Plus it takes a bit of water to sanitize the dolls.

Not quite ready yet to let those go...
I sold this one today so they're still making a little bit of cash.
I do pretty well during the holiday season.
So I'm going to fill the shop before the RTR,
and maybe I'll just work on them from here when I visit Joe.


Anyway, I'm excited.
After a year in the van, 
I'm still getting rid of "stuff."

Can't wait to head out to Quartzsite.
Looks like it will be around January 1.
My son bought me a ticket home to Portland for the month of December.
I'm going to pet-sit while he and Michael are in Hawaii.
It will be nice to see all the kids and grandkids.
I'll be back around the 28th, then back into the van for the winter.

Stay tuned!
Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Once Annie has read it, it will be posted.

Day 19 Lava Hot Springs, Idaho

A beautiful sunrise this morning. After a wild night, I hit the road about 4 am. It was still sprinkling lightly but nothing compared to the...