Mom's House

I got a call this week from my mother.
She fell.
She cannot walk without a walker, and cannot sleep in her bed.
She's been sleeping in an easy chair for the past two weeks.
She had not changed pajamas or had a shower in all that time.

Nobody called me to tell me mom had fallen!
I'm stunned.

Apparently, she told everyone not to call me.

Turns out she was upset with me.
She completely twisted around something I said, and was upset.

I arrived Sunday evening, have talked to the neighbors and my niece, who was instructed by my mother not to call.  I gave my number to both neighbors and told them mom is getting to a place where she is easily confused; sharp as a tack one minute, but confused or not understanding simple language the next. They NEED to call me if she's hurt. Hopefully, they get it!

She had not had a shower in TWO WEEKS, since she was unable to get into the shower on her own.  She HAD washed, so she wasn't in too bad of shape, but sheesh, didn't anyone consider that???

Mom did have a friend take her to Urgent Care after a week and had X-rays, but nobody called her back to tell her whether or not there were broken bones.  I called the Urgent Care center Monday morning and told them if my mother had been sitting at home with a broken hip for a week, somebody was going to pay!  The doctor called me back that morning and assured us nothing was broken. He apologized and gave her a prescription for pain, which she had not had the entire time!!!

I got mom into the shower and some clean pajamas yesterday. I did her laundry and cleaned her house. She wasn't eating, so I picked up some Lebanese food she loves and she did eat. She seems to be a bit better today.

We're getting along much better this time around. I think being alone and hurt for 2 weeks may have made her realize she DOES need help.

I'm looking forward to getting home to Portland, but will stay here until mom is out of the walker and walking on her own.

I'm sleeping in the van. Mom likes to watch FOX news full volume, so it's much quieter and more comfortable for me to stay out in the van once she's tucked in for the night.

If you pray, please put us on your prayer list.
If you send energy, we can use some.
Thanks friends,
Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Once Annie has read it, it will be posted.

Day 19 Lava Hot Springs, Idaho

A beautiful sunrise this morning. After a wild night, I hit the road about 4 am. It was still sprinkling lightly but nothing compared to the...