Arches Was Awesome!

Two visitors walking up to the arch with flashlights.

My GPS told me I could arrive at a campground, see the vistor's center, and THEN go into the park. Upon arrival, I learned that was not true. The campground was INSIDE the park and it was full. So I opted to get an inexpensive hotel room. After learning that I could go into the park before 7 am and not have to pay or have a timed entry ticket, I decided to wake up early, enter the park, and watch the sunrise.  I had gotten some advice from some gals in one of my Facebook travel groups, so instead of going to "the Delicate Arch" I headed for a spot called "Windows." It was perfect! No cars, just me. Lots of parking. Bathrooms. And a short trail leading to a giant windowed arch where I sat with others who finally arrived, and watched the sun come up. 

Arches is an incredible park! I hope to go back someday. Here are some photos from my day (sorry, they are not in order.)

Balancing Rock





I made some new friends from China


So many people showed up to watch the sunrise


A beautiful sunrise!

Looking up at the top of the arch at Windows



The stars were incredible - See the Big Dipper?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Once Annie has read it, it will be posted.

Arches to Salt Lake City

It was about a 4 hour drive to Salt Lake City and by the time I got there, I was so tired, I called my son Cameron and asked if he could boo...