Back in Portland, Oregon

I'm back in Portland for a couple of days.

My van kitchen looks so nicely organized!

The Tillamook Meet Up was wonderful!
It was so nice to spend time with old friends and make new ones!

The weather was perfect.
However, I got sunburned to the point it was painful
That rarely happens to me
with my Portuguese ancestry.
However, I decided to leave early
since I had to stay sequestered in the shade to be comfortable
and that was no fun.

Also, I had to take my van BACK to Toyota.

After spending $1500 on a new computer
because the Traction System kept shutting down my van in the middle of the road,
I began getting a new code light telling me the traction system was OFF;
the opposite of the one that cost me $1500!!

After an hour and a half, the guy brought the test results.
Apparently there is a steering sensor out and that is tripping the code.

The bad news is that the part must be imported,
it costs almost $600,
there are only two in the country
and both are spoken for.
YIKES!

The good news is that it won't hurt anything to drive the car without replacing the part.
So I'm going to wait until I pad my car repair budget
before ordering the part and fixing it.

It is HOT HOT HOT in Portland, Oregon!
Crazy hot.
So I'm not stopping here for long.

It was good to empty the van (again) of unneeded items.
My, how they seem to manifest out of the air!

I have a meeting this morning,
and the big annual block party tomorrow.
Then I'm heading back to the Oregon coast where it's cool
until this heat spell breaks.

If anyone is over that way, give a holler.
I'd love to meet up with some friendly faces.

Love,
Annie


PS:  Thanks for the photos, Karylee Harrison!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Once Annie has read it, it will be posted.

Day 19 Lava Hot Springs, Idaho

A beautiful sunrise this morning. After a wild night, I hit the road about 4 am. It was still sprinkling lightly but nothing compared to the...