Day 19 Lava Hot Springs, Idaho

A beautiful sunrise this morning.

After a wild night, I hit the road about 4 am. It was still sprinkling lightly but nothing compared to the day before.

I have to say, as flat and boring as Wyoming was, Idaho is spectacular!
The rolling hills covered in snow were breath-taking, as were the rock formations. 

I wish I could have stopped to take photos, but again, no pull-outs. I snapped this while driving.

Tonight I'm at Lava Hot Springs. 


I took a dip in the springs for about an hour, then nabbed a steak dinner. Now I'm in my hotel room catching up on email and getting ready to turn in. 

Tomorrow I hope to make Ontario Oregon where there is a rest stop that allows overnight camping.  I was hoping to make it home in two days but I just don't think I have any more 7 to 8 hour drives in me. So I'll take 2.5 days and go easy on myself.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Once Annie has read it, it will be posted.

Day 19 Lava Hot Springs, Idaho

A beautiful sunrise this morning. After a wild night, I hit the road about 4 am. It was still sprinkling lightly but nothing compared to the...